Govardhan Puja, also called Annakut Puja (Annakut means mountain of meals), is a Hindu pageant celebrated in numerous areas of India. This pageant is noticed on the day following Diwali and Lakshmi pooja, which normally falls on the primary lunar day of the Hindu month of Kartik. This yr in 2023, Govardhan Puja will probably be celebrated on November 13 with Diwali being on November 12.
Speaking in regards to the story behind Govardhan Puja, Prachi Gupta Arora, an astrology knowledgeable from All India Institute of Occult Science and True Vastu, shares, “Govardhan Puja and the corresponding worship of Lord Krishna marks the celebration of an occasion from Krishna’s childhood (Baal Swaroop). Based on Hindu mythology, Lord Krishna lifted the Govardhan Hill on his little finger to guard the individuals of Gokul village from the torrential rains. The rains had been a results of the wrath of Lord Indra, the god of rain, and this calamity continued for seven days earlier than Krishna got here to their rescue.”
This act of Lord Krishna is seen as an emblem of his divine energy and compassion for his devotees. Lord Krishna’s act of lifting the hill symbolises his divine energy and his provide of safety to the villagers. “Additionally, this was a lesson for Lord Indra and in regards to the energy of mom nature, love, sturdy perception and devotion to God. Govardhan puja upholds the highly effective bond of religion, devotion and the connection of safety between God and the devotee,” says Prachi.
How To Have fun Govardhan Puja
Prachi Gupta Arora lists the rituals of Govardhan Puja:
– Devotees have a good time this auspicious day by providing milk baths and new garments and ornaments to probably the most loveable god Lord Krishna and probably the most compassionate goddess Shri Radha.
– The puja begins with devotees utilizing a heap of cow dung to kind a hill-like construction. This represents Mount Govardhan and devotees beautify it with totally different colors and flowers.
– The devotees then carry out Parikrama (transferring round in a circle) across the cow dung hillock whereas worshipping Lord Krishna and Maa Radha, together with cows and the parvata (mountain) as a lifesaver.
– On this present day, devotees of Lord Krishna worship Govardhan Parvat and provide 56 sorts of meals (Chappan Bhog) – vegetarian meals, milk, curd, butter, and sweets as a mark of gratitude to Goddess Radha and Lord Krishna, in addition to to pay respect the Govardhan mountain, which symbolises Mom Nature.
Govardhan Puja 2023: Dos And Don’ts
Forward of Govardhan Puja, astrologer Prachi shares the dos and don’ts of Govardhan puja:
– Devotees are suggested to take an oil therapeutic massage and tub within the morning
– Govardhan Parvat is made out of cow dung exterior the home earlier than worshipping the Lord Krishna.
– Supply 56 sorts of meals to Mom Nature (Govardhan Parvat) and Lord Krishna.
– It’s suggested by the monks and rishi-munis to recite Vishnu Sahastanama and worship Lord Vishnu, so that each one the desires are fulfilled on this auspicious day.
– Supply Annakut prasadam to everybody in our household and associates. Supply meals to much less lucky individuals.
– Mild a lamp within the northeast path as this holds an important significance within the faith. That is believed to keep up happiness, peace and prosperity among the many members of the family and in the home.
– Devotees should gentle a lamp close to the Peepal (Ficus or Sacred fig Tree) in respect to all of the ancestors and to forestall all of the troubles in future.
– It’s also advisable to worship cows and provide meals to her.
– It’s beneficial to chant Lord Krishna’s Mantras on this present day.
– It’s thought of very auspicious to take 7 parikramas of Govardhan Parvat manufactured from Cow dung exterior the home.
– Devotees must also gentle a lamp close to the Tulsi plant and recite Radha Naamjap on this present day.
– It’s also good if all of the members of the family keep collectively and related on the day of Govardhan puja because it’s a pageant of togetherness, religion, and love.
– You shouldn’t carry out the Govardhan puja in a closed room.
– Keep away from the consumption of non-vegetarian meals on the day of Govardhan puja, as it’s a vegetarian pageant devoted to Lord Krishna.
– Don’t waste meals, particularly the Annakut choices. It is thought of disrespectful to discard the meals that has been provided to Lord Krishna. Leftover meals must be consumed or distributed to these in want.
– You’re strongly advised to not take a look at the moon on this present day.
– In case you are performing a circumambulation (Parikrama) of Govardhan Parvat, then you will need to keep away from soiled garments.
– You shouldn’t skip the worship of cows on this present day.
– Govardhan puja shouldn’t be finished by members of the family individually because it’s thought of inauspicious.
– Don’t harm or hurt any animals on this present day.
– Keep a respectful and pious manner through the puja. Keep away from participating in any disrespectful or disruptive behaviour which will detract from the sacredness of the event.
– Keep away from extreme commercialisation and concentrate on the true essence of the pageant. Govardhan Puja is a spiritual event, and its religious significance must be upheld.
– Whereas it is customary to organize and share all kinds of dishes, keep away from extreme indulgence or overeating through the pageant. Apply moderation in your consumption of meals.
(Views expressed by the knowledgeable within the article are their very own, Zee Information doesn’t affirm or endorse the identical.)